All Junior Golf participants in the BIJGA program must abide by the following general rules:
Exercise proper golf etiquette at all times. Be considerate of fellow competitor(s) and play the game according to the rules set by the USGA Rules of Golf and local rules as announced or posted.
- Conduct yourselves accordingly. We are guests of the golf courses so courtesy and proper behavior is expected at all times.
- No loitering or wandering in the pro-shop and restaurant areas unless you are there to make a purchase.
- Be at the golf course and check-in at least 20 minutes before your scheduled tee time.*
- BIJGA collared shirts must be worn by players at all scheduled BIJGA golf events.*
- No denim, cargo or surfer shorts.*
- Shirts must be tucked in and belts worn if pants or shorts have belt loops. Girls shirts with straight hems designed to be worn out are allowed. Girls are also allowed to wear skirts or skorts.*
- Friends, guardians, or parents may not accompany or communicate with player during tournament or club play (unless one is a caddy, scorekeeper, tournament official, etc.). Cheering the Junior on such as "good shot!" in English, is allowed.
- Unauthorized "PICK-UPS," will automatically suspend the Junior; only the scorekeeper or tournament chairperson may authorize a "PICK-UP" at any time.
- Electronic enhancements such as GPS devices or range finders (without slope) are allowed in tournaments.
*possible 2 stroke penalty
A junior golfer may be reprimanded, penalized, disqualified, suspended or dropped from the program for any of the following:
- Littering on the golf course and premises
- Failure to replace divots on fairways, tee off areas, greens, and sand traps
- Fighting or endangering other junior golfers in any way
- Smoking / Vaping
- Drinking alcoholic beverage(s)
- Use of illegal drugs
- Inappropriate and/or harmful behavior including but not limited to: insubordination, harassment, or assault